Immigration, Work Permits And Citizenship

Residence Visas are issued to non-Sri Lankan who intent to reside and/or work in Sri Lanka. Our firm can assist you to obtain a Residence Visa (and work permit if needed) in cases where you come within the categories of the Department of Immigration and Emigration referred to below:

01. Employment category

  1. Persons employed in projects under the BOI
  2. Persons employed in the overseas banking sector
  3. Persons attached to non-governmental organizations
  4. Persons employed in a private company or projects implemented by the state sector

02. Investor category

  1. Those who wish to invest capital (money) in Sri Lanka
  2. Those who engage in certain types of business activities in Sri Lanka

03. Religious category

  1. Members of the clergy
  2. Religious workers

04. Student category

  1. University students
  2. Students in Government approved educational institutions

05. Ex-Sri Lankans and their dependents

06. Family members of Sri Lankan citizens

  1. Spouses
  2. Children holding foreign nationality

07. Persons employed in Foreign Missions in Sri Lanka and their dependents

08. My Dream Home Visa Programme

09. Resident Guest Visa Programme

10. Those who wish to reside in Sri Lanka on medical    grounds / for medical treatment

The initial step involves applying for the grant of a letter of recommendation. This can be an extremely time consuming process, so it is advisable to submit the application early. Administrative procedures and requirements can and do change from time to time and whether or not a letter of recommendation will be granted will depend on the specific facts of the case and Government policy / administrative thinking at the time. Once a letter of recommendation has been obtained, further steps can be taken at the Department of Immigration and Emigration.

contact us